Grey Lynn Montessori is a vibrant, homely and welcoming Montessori preschool for 2 – 6 year olds. Our childcare centre is located at 56 Surrey Crescent, Grey Lynn, just a short drive from nearby Westmere, Sandringham, Ponsonby, Newmarket and Mt Eden.
Our purpose built environment is a philosophy focused centre that fosters a love of learning in all tamariki. We operate a full-day childcare programme from 8:00am to 4:15pm. Our centre is licensed for 50 children in which we accommodates two rooms and provide a high teacher child ratio of 1:8. Our first room is set up purposefully as an induction to Montessori preschool for children aged 2 to 3 years, allowing children to learn the principles of Montessori and be well prepared for engaging in our Montessori curriculum. The second room at our Grey Lynn childcare is for children aged 3 to 6 years, this room is a fully equipped Montessori environment, led by experienced and long serving Montessori teachers.
Our calm and nurturing environment is managed by a team of highly experienced day care teachers, providing a stable learning environment, which fosters their sense of belonging. We incorporate a diverse range of enriching early learning opportunities tailored to each child’s innate interests and abilities.
Intimate Learning Experiences
Age Specific Montessori Materials
At Grey Lynn Montessori, we are passionate about promoting tailor made learning for each individual child
Grey Lynn Montessori adheres to the broad principles of Maria Montessori and Te-Whāriki, New Zealand’s Early childhood curriculum.
Our holistic programme is designed with the aim to help every child reach their full potential and empower them as confident and competent life-long learners.
Our Montessori Curriculum:
- Is child-focused and encourages self-reliance, develops children’s sense of self-worth and identity
- Aims to create independent learners for the future; by building children’s confidence and self-esteem, equipping them with the necessary skills for all social and educational experiences in life.
- Acknowledges children’s strengths and interests, and enables children to maintain focus and develop their concentration through working with activities of their choice, as well as instilling intrinsic motivation for a love of learning.
- Provides opportunities for children’s skills and knowledge to be extended, according to their individual needs and abilities.
- Recognises the importance of the intimate relationships required between the home and the daycare centre environments.
- A harmonious integration of active and exploratory play into the overall curriculum where kinaesthetic learning is truly valued.
- Seeks to further children’s knowledge of their own and other cultures in New Zealand, recognising beauty in diversity.
“The goal of Early Childhood Education should be to activate the child’s own natural desire to learn.” – Maria Montessori
Contact us, book a tour or join our waiting list,
we’d love to hear from you!
We understand that your child’s education & care is a priority and that choosing the right centre can be a big decision. We would be delighted to share in your child’s learning journey. Feel welcome to contact us in whichever way is most convenient for you, or visit our centre and meet our Teaching Team!